Weight loss is a journey and a time-consuming goal to reach, which involves a lot of determination and patience. You are bound to get discouraged along the way, if you don’t see results within some time. This is why ECA stacks, diet pills and fat burners act as catalysts to help speed up the weight loss process. Let’s talk about them in detail:
ECA stacks are very popular among people who want to pursue rapid weight loss. They are a set of tablets which have to be eaten together, in order to get the full benefit. ECA basically stands for Ephedrine, caffeine and Aspirin stacks. Ephedrine is a well-known drug used in the weight loss world. It helps to suppress your appetite and burn calories at the same time. It keeps you fuller for longer, so that you don’t feel hungry. Caffeine is a natural fat burner and stimulant. It helps to burn excess fat in your body, while keeping you active and energetic.
Last but not the least, Aspirin is a blood thinning agent. It helps to keep your blood in an optimum viscosity, so that it doesn’t coagulate and forms clots.
Since ECA stacks keep you energetic for a longer time, you will need Aspirin to keep your heart rate going and allow the heart ease to pump blood to different organs of the body.
Are There Any Side Effects?
There are many side effects to ECA stacks, which is why they are legally banned in a lot of countries. The side effects include the following:
- Increased heart rate
- Jitters (die to caffeine)
- High blood pressure (due to ephedrine)
- Strokes, in worst cases
- Heart problems
Dosage Of ECA Stacks
ECA stacks should be administered in a calculated dose. It usually is 3 times a day, each dose containing 200 mg of caffeine, 24 mg of ephedrine and 27 mg of Aspirin. It is then increased or decreased depending on the results it gives you.
Pros And Cons Of ECA Stacks
The good things about ECA stacks are as follows:
- They help to keep your metabolism high.
- You don’t feel hungry for a long time.
- Weight loss occurs rapidly.
Talking about the not-so-good things of ECA stacks, they are:
- It is not a one-size-fits-all. It can suit some people, while for others, it can have a lot of drastic side effects.
- It should be taken in the prescribed amount, otherwise things can take a wrong turn.
- It should never be taken over-the-counter, it should only be prescribed through a proper doctor and your personal trainer.
ECA stacks are found in a lot of health food stores, but now, they are easily accessible through different websites as well. You can go for whatever option you want, both are pretty straightforward and easy.
Fat burners, as the name suggests, is a supplement, which helps to reduce fat accumulation in the body. There are a lot of fat burning supplements out there, which promise to shed off the extra fat from your body and give you a slim and toned appearance. Fat burners are generally of two types, either they are naturally derived, or they are chemically composed under the food and drug authorities. Either way, both have pretty promising results.
Natural fat burners include caffeine, raspberry extract, green coffee extract, yohimbine, etc. Whereas, chemical fat burners include L-carnitine, linoleic acid, etc. The main working mechanism of fat burners is that they go into the body and break down fat. By breaking down the fat, it gives your body a lot of useful energy, which keeps your body going for longer, without eating. This energy is acquired not on the expenditure of eating food or calories, rather it is acquired from the fat which is being burnt inside your body.
Any Side Effects Of Fat Burners?
Here are some side effects of fat burners:
- They might cause reactions to your body, since most unregulated fat burners contain a lot of harmful ingredients which are not suitable for consumption.
- It can also cause seizures.
- High blood pressure is also a huge contraindication of fat burners, and it should not be given to people with hypertension.
- Heart problems are also quite prevalent, if you are taking fat burners. You should definitely check in with a doctor to make sure that you are able to take these supplements, otherwise, it will do more harm than good.
Typical Dosage Of Fat Burners
Every manufacturer has different dosages, but most typically, it is about 2 to 3 tablets or supplements a day. It is best if you take these supplements 30 minutes before your workout, and afterwards, make sure that you drink a lot of water because fat burners can cause a lot of dehydration in the body. It is also suggested that you increase your protein intake, as it will help the fat burner to kick in quickly and do its job in a better way.
Pros And Cons
The pros of fat burners include:
- They are mostly FDA approved and are safe for intake.
- They help to give your body a toned and slim appearance.
- Combined with a high intensity workout, fat burners are considered to be more effective and safe as compared to ECA stacks.
However, the cons include:
- It can cause a lot of health issues, if you don’t administer it correctly.
- You need to check whether you have any sort of heart or blood issue, before you can try out fat supplements.
- It doesn’t suit a lot of people.
- If taken over-the-counter, it can be quite dangerous.
Fat burners are available in a huge variety in health stores and online, with different benefits and claims. You need to choose whichever supplement fits your needs and what is prescribed to you. This is why you should always have a doctor’s prescription on hand, otherwise you will not be administered any sort of supplement.
Diet pills are also a very popular thing among trainers and people who want to lose weight. These along with a diet plan, people tend to go for diet pills, which helps to boost the weight loss process. The most common types of diet pills include Orlistat, naltrexone-bupropion, phentermine, phentermine-topiramate and Ionamin. Before being prescribed any sort of diet pill, your doctor will take your medical history and your body mass index. The medical history is important because the doctor needs to know whether you are suffering from any type of hypertension, heart disease or brain disease, because these drugs usually elevate the effects of such diseases and make the condition of the consumer worse.
Your BMI also needs to be of a certain level, otherwise you are not fit for consuming diet pills. The ideal BMI for a diet pill consumer should be greater than 30.
Aside from diet pills, there are also dietary supplements which help to boost weight loss, but the effect of pills is greater than that of supplements. You have to remember that you cannot rely on diet pills alone to get your dream body. You will still need to follow a rigid exercise and diet plan. Diet pills are just there for an extra boost. Diet pills work on the basis of burning fat from your body, while keeping your metabolism high. Think of it as a combination of an ECA stack and fat burner.
Do Diet Pills Have Any Side Effects?
Anything which is unnatural and is boosting the speed of a process isn’t all that healthy. There are several side effects of diet pills which are as follows:
- It can cause a lot of heart issues, like cardiac arrest, heart failure, heart attack, etc.
- Increased hypertension and anxiety.
- Type 2 diabetes can also be caused from diet pills, if you don’t provide your correct medical history to the doctor beforehand.
What Is The Dosage Of Diet Pills?
2 to 3 pills should be taken on a daily basis, along with a high protein and low fat diet. The pills go into your body and burn excess fat and keep your metabolism high. Afterwards, once the body starts to reduce weight, you can monitor the changes and slowly let go of the diet pills and manage your weight through diet and exercise only.
Pros And Cons
Pros of diet pills include:
- They are approved by the drug authorities and are safe for consumption.
- They help in weight loss and are recommended by a lot of people.
As far as the cons are concerned, one major con is:
- If after weight loss through diet pills, your weight increases again due to negligence, then diet pills will not work the same, as they did before.
- Diet pills are easily available in medical and health food stores, as well as online websites.
There you have it! Now you know everything that you ever needed to know about diet pills, fat burners and ECA stacks, what goes into making them, their dosage, their side effects and everything in between.